Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer Strawberry Dessert

Summer is just great for delicious fruity desserts!! I found this recipe using strawberries and it made me so exicted! I love strawberries and I have been eating them all summer. I am not sure where I found this recipe as it was just saved on my computer. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
(Sorry for the horrible picture!)

2 Cups Fresh Strawberries sliced(about 1 QT )
1 - 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 Container of Cool Whip (I use FF)
8 Oreo cookies
1 TBSP butter (melted)

Directions:
Line a bread loaf pan with foil.
In a large bowl mash 2 cups of the strawberries.
Add the condensed milk to the strawberries and stir.
Add 2 cups of cool whip and lemon juice and stir.
Pour into foil lined pan.
Crush the oreo cookies and add melted butter.
Spread the cookie mixture over the top.
Cover the top with foil and freeze for several hours.
Flip over and slice up and serve.

No comments: