Saturday, August 15, 2009

Baked Spaghetti


My husband is a picky as can be! I found this site recently and I was so excited! I have bookmarked so many recipes from just the first few posts and I know my husband will approve of them!!

School has started back and it's going to be a challenging year! I was so ehausted every night last week that dinner didn't get made at all! I made this baked spaghetti so that hopefully I can enjoy some of it for lunches or when I don't have the energy to make dinner this week!

I hope you enjoy!

VIRGINIA'S BAKED SPAGHETTI
Credit: Gooseberry Patch Cookbook

(I cut this in half)
16-oz. spaghetti noodles, cooked

2-(24-oz.) jars spaghetti sauce

2 lbs. ground beef, browned

1/4 c. butter

1/4 c. all-purpose flour

1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

2 t. salt

1/2 t. garlic powder

12-oz. evaporated milk

3 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided

Combine spaghetti noodles, spaghetti sauce and ground beef in a large bowl; set aside. Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat; add flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and garlic powder, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly. Add evaporated milk and one cup cheddar cheese; stir until thickened.

Pour half of spaghetti noodle mixture into a greased 13"x9" casserole dish and pour the cheese mixture over top. Pour remaining noodle mixture into dish; top with remaining 2 cups cheddar cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Serves 12.

No comments: