Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WLW book club - Chapter 5


Chapter 5 was probably the best part of the book for me. Courtney discusses a woman-to-woman mentoring ministry she started at her church.  When I read about this I was almost in tears (good tears).The ministries she tells about in her book are exactly what I have been desiring to start in our church hopefully, this might encourage other women to start or become more involved in women's ministries.

In the Fall of 2012 I started a women's ministry at our church called Mugs and Muffins. I really wanted it to be a time of hearing testimonies and words of encouragement from ladies in our church. The first event we had a decent turn out even though we scheduled it the same weekend that a large women's conference was in town. So I thought the second event would have a better turn out since all those ladies could now come but it ended up being about the same amount of women but thankfully different ladies. Then the last event this past fall well the attendance was terrible! At the last minute a church event was scheduled at the same time and many of the ladies who would have come to Mugs and Muffins ended up having to go to the other event.

I still have problems with thinking that its just something silly and I shouldn't pursue it anymore but then I remember how much I felt like the Lord was leading me to start this ministry and I don't want to give up just because of a few silly things.

I was so encouraged to read about the ministries and bible studies Courtney started. Courtney reminded me with 1 Timothy 4:12 to not let others discourage me.



1 comment:

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

I really enjoyed my time reading all your posts for the book club! This one really tugged at my heart because I want to say "do not give up!" One thing I neglected to write about in the book were my ministry flops. I wrote about the things that worked...but did not get into the details of the things that fell through or even ended in discord :(

After every ministry flop, I readjusted, prayed and tried again with a fresh vision.

So do not give up if God is leading you to try again. Maybe some adjustments need to be made to grow it...or maybe you need to lower your expectations with the number this ministry will bless.

My life verse is Galations 6:9 "Do not grow weary in doing good, for in due season you will reap a harvest IF you do not give up."

Keep on doing good for God's glory!!!
Lots of Love,
Courtney