Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cupcakes!!


Oreo cupcakes that is! I have really been wanting to make cupcakes. I found this recipe. recently and knew they were a must to make. I am once again taking this for dessert at church tomorrow so luckily they won't be sitting in the kitchen staring at me to devour them!


Cookies-N-Cream Cupcakes
Original recipe from: Cupcakes! By the Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn
24 paper liners for cupcake pans
30 Oreo cookies - I used Double-Stuffed
1 pkg plain white cake mix
1 cup sour cream - I used low-fat plain yogurt
1/2 cup vegetable oil - I used ¼ c oil and ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
3 large eggs - I used egg-beaters for 1 egg and 2 regular eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat your over to 350 and line the pans with paper liners. Count out 12 Oreos and separate the top and bottom wafers. Make sure each half has some icing on it. Place one wafer, icing side up, in the bottom of each paper liner. (Sometimes icing didn't get on both sides so I just split the icing in half and spread some on both sides)
** After trying a cupcake I didn't really care to eat the cookie on the bottom. Maybe its that I can't really eat a whole oreo as I think its too much chocolate or that baking it changed its flavor a little. I don't know but I just took it off the bottom and enjoyed it without it!**
Crush the remaining Oreos by any means you like.

Place the cake mix, oil, sour cream, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and beat again on medium about 1.5 minutes more. Measure out 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreos and fold these into the batter. Set the rest of the crumbs aside for garnish.

Fill your liners 3/4 full with batter and place the pans in the oven.

Bake the cupcakes for about 18-20 minutes until they are golden and spring back when lightly touched with your finger. Cool in the pan on wire racks for about 5 minutes and then remove cakes from pans and cool completely on wire racks.

No comments: