Sunday, October 28, 2007

Cold weather food

When I bought a bag of On the border chips last week I saw their recipe for chicken tortilla soup. It included using their salsa which I had just bought for the first time. I think they have the best jarred salsa so I thought it would really make this soup yummy. I don't like chunks of tomato and most tortilla soup recipes call for some type of tomato that is chunky but the salsa didn't make it chunky. The biggest part was that Chad really liked it. He kept commenting on how good it was which is a rarity!
So since the bag is downstairs this recipe won't be exact but here it is.

Chicken Tortilla Soup:
Chicken Broth (32 oz.)
2 Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup of On the Border Salsa
4 Tbs. of white rice
Chopped onion (didn't use)
Avocado (didn't use)
I added some frozen corn

Cook the chicken breast in the broth. Remove and tear into pieces.
Add the salsa,rice, onion and corn to the broth and cook for about 15 minutes.
Add the chicken back and cook about 5 minutes more.
Place some tortilla chips in the bottom of the bowl and add some avocado to the top of the soup.

No comments: