Thursday, March 20, 2008

Something New!

So it may seem like I haven't really been "dishing up' any meals lately but really I have. Recently I have stuck to old favorites so I haven't really had anything blogworthy. I decided though recently that I have so many great things starred in my google reader that I need to start going through and using it for ideas as I have felt totally out of ideas of what to fix. This is one of those starred recipes.I got it from this blog.

I didn't totally like it. I like some spicy things but I still played it safe and drizzled just a little bit over my chicken. I didn't feel like it really had any flavor unless maybe I had dunked it in the hot sauce. Chad still hasn't eaten any as he got sucked into playing b-ball with some neighborhood kids so we'll see once he has tried it what he thinks!

Buffalo-Style Chicken Strips with Ranch Dressing
Ingredients
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
Cooking spray
1/3 cup hot sauce (such as Crystal)
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup fat-free ranch dressing
4 celery stalks, cut into 1/4 x 3-inch sticks
4 carrots, cut into 1/4 x 3-inch sticks

Directions
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Place cornflakes in a shallow dish. Working with 1 chicken strip at a time, dredge in flour mixture. Dip in egg whites; dredge in cornflakes. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken strips, flour mixture, egg whites, and cornflakes.

Lightly coat chicken strips with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until done, turning once.

Combine hot sauce, pepper sauce, and Worcestershire in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Drizzle hot sauce mixture over chicken. Serve with ranch dressing, celery, and carrots.

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

Sorry to hear that you did not like the dish to well. :( You could also add more seasonings and spices in with the flour.
Mine were so moist and juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. It was pure heaven.