Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cleaning out the Halloween Candy



So a few months ago I posted that I had made Giada's Parmesan crusted pork chops. Well if you read it you'll remember they turned out a little burnt but still tasted good. So tonight I tried them again and they came out great. I made two so I could have one for lunch tomorrow. I am about to go down and take a picture of it along with a picture of these cookies I made! Since we had no trick or treaters our bowl of candy has been sitting here tempting me. So I got rid of the Reece Cup's and whipped these cookies up real quick for a get together tonight! The recipe came from here

Best Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 (0.7-7/8 ounce) peanut butter cups (I also had some reese cups with carmel and did half those and hald regular!)

Preheat oven to 375°.
Mix first five ingredients in mixing bowl.
Add butter or margarine, egg, and vanilla.
Mix well.
Cut peanut butter cup candies into 1/2" pieces.
Fold into mixture.
Shape into walnut sized balls and place on cookie sheets that are greased or sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake for 12 minutes.

No comments: