Saturday, June 11, 2011

BBQ Chicken Kabobs

Summer gives me more time to be in the kitchen and it makes me so excited to try my ever growning list of recipes.
We had these kabobs for dinner the other night and they were delicious. I was also able to conquer a new kitchen feat with this meal! I had never bought a fresh pineapple before so instead of using can or store prepared pineapple I cut the whole thing up myself and it is delicious!! I think it's all I can buy from now on, it was so simple and so much better than out of a can.

Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs Recipe:
Source: Hoosier Homemade
Ingredients:
1-2 pounds chicken, boneless skinless, cut into chunks
1 whole fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
1 each red, yellow and green peppers {you can use orange too if you like}
1 cup BBQ sauce {we used Sweet Baby Rays}
6 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
Directions:

1.Soak wooden skewers in water about 15-20 minutes.
2.Thread chicken, peppers and pineapple onto skewers.
3.Mix barbecue sauce and orange juice concentrate in a small bowl and set aside.
4.Heat the grill to medium-high.
5.Brush half of the sauce onto the skewers.
6.Grill 8-10 minutes or until chicken is done, turning occasionally.
7.Brush on remainder of sauce while skewers are cooking.
Servings:

This recipe makes about 18-20 skewers, with a little sauce left over. You can easily cut the recipe in half.

To grill pineapple, cut a 1/2 inch thick slice of fresh pineapple and place on grill. Turning once until the pineapple is slightly brown and there are grill marks on the pineapple

No comments: