Monday, January 18, 2010

Chocolate Mousse Torte

We celebrated my moms' birthday yesterday. I was in charge of bringing dessert! I have so many dessert ideas I want to try it was hard to choose one. I went with this torte since I know my mom likes anything chocolate. I on the other hand don't care for chocolate all that much so I didn't taste this but it was given a great review! This was super simple to make and I was so excited when I flipped it out of the pan that it stayed together!

Chocolate Mouuse Torte
Source: Lindsey's Kitchen

Ingredients
37 Vanilla Wafers, divided
4 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
2 pkg. (3.9 oz. each)Chocolate Instant Pudding
2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. cold milk, divided
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.)Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
Fresh Strawberries

Directions
Stand 16 wafers around inside edge of 9-inch round pan lined with plastic wrap. Melt 3 chocolate squares as directed on package.

Beat pudding mixes and 2 cups milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Stir in 1 cup cool whip; pour into prepared pan.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and remaining milk with mixer until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the remaining cool whip; spread over pudding. Top with remaining wafers. Refrigerate 3 hours.

Meanwhile, shave remaining chocolate square into curls. Invert torte onto plate. Remove pan and plastic wrap. Top torte with remaining cool whip ( so I used all my cool whip and was unable to do this step! oops!), berries and chocolate curls

No comments: