Today we are having a family reunion for my dad's side of the family. I decided to try out a new recipe for dessert. I found this from another blog.It was really yummy! The changes I made were I omitted the nuts since I don't really care for nuts and also in the recipe it doesn't give instructions on when to use the salt and cinnamon and I realized this just after I put it in the oven. So I quickly took it out and sprinkled some cinnamon on top.
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter coarsely chopped
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
4 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup white sugar
4 tsp corn starch
1 cup almonds/pecans
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease 9x13 pan.
2. Stir together white and brown sugar, flour, and baking powder. Use fork to blend in butter egg and vanilla. Pat 3/4 of the mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
3. Stir together, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch. Gently mix in blueberries. Sprinkle over crust.
4. Mix nuts, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar with remaining dough. Crumble evenly over berry layer.
5. Bake in preheated for 45 minutes or until top is slightly brown.
Let cool before cutting. Enjoy!!!!!