Sunday, July 22, 2007

Finally back to cooking!


Well we are back from vacation and back to our normal routine. I finally cooked tongiht. I have not even been to the grocery in 3 weeks! It was great to get back in the ktichen and have a stocked fridge! For dinner I made Chicken in a garlic cream sauce! I got the recipe from another food blog. It was so good! It was the first time I had made a cream sauce and it turned out pretty good I think. I think the best part was that Chad wanted seconds! I'm glad I was able to find another recipe for him to enjoy!

Chicken in a Cream Sauce

1 box penne pasta (all I had was ziti)

1 cup heavy cream

1 cup chicken broth

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 Tbsp butter

2 Tbsp olive oil

1 Tbsp italian seasoning

2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta as directed on package.

While it's cooking, heat olive oil in a pan and saute chicken.

Add salt and pepper.

When chicken is done, remove from pan and set aside.

Melt butter in the same pan and cook garlic for about 2 min making sure not to burn it.

Add chicken broth, heavy cream and italian seasoning. Stir to combine. Add chicken to the sauce and let simmer for 5 min.

Add parmesan cheese to help thicken the sauce.

Add more salt and pepper to taste.

Next add drained pasta to the pan and let heat through for another 4-5 min.

*If the sauce doesn't thicken enough, add a little flour and stir before adding the pasta*

No comments: