Monday, July 13, 2009

Baked Ziti

I have had a pretty busy summer. I have about 3 weeks left till I have to start getting stuff ready for school so I am trying to continue to rest up and get as much in as possible. I've got some new recipes to try out this week and I started with this one. I don't know if I'll get to the other recipes this week and this created a great amount of food!! That's ok because it was delicious! If I make this again I will definitely take half and freeze it!

Baked Ziti with Mascarpone
From: Lauren's Kitchen
1 lb ziti pasta
1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 lb ground beef
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz mascarpone cheese
1 cup sour cream
1-2 cups Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese


Cook pasta to al dente. Drain & set aside.

Meanwhile, brown meat with onion & garlic. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add marinara sauce to the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes. Thin the sauce just a tad with about 1/8 cup water or chicken stock. Season the sauce with garlic & herbs, to taste.

In a large bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, sour cream, and cooked pasta.Layer the pasta, sauce and cheese in a large greased casserole dish as follows:

1/2 pasta
1/2 sauce
1/2 cheese
remaining pasta
remaining sauce
remaining cheese

Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with Parmesan cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.

No comments: