Tuesday, January 28, 2014

WLW- Your Marriage


 Chapters 6 & 7 in Courtney's book are about marriage. I have been so encouraged by Courtney's wisdom and marriage advice she has shared on her blog over the years.
Celebrating our 8 year anniversary this past December

I remember when I found her blog, it was right at the end of the school year and once school was out I spent those first summer days reading through her blog.  After reading through her posts and watching her many videos my eyes were opened.  Courtney showed me what being a helper to my husband means and gave examples and ideas on how to pursue that.

Courtney offers ideas on how to show respect to your husband. This is something I didn't realize I needed to be better about so many years ago.  I know for myself I try to daily encourage and show respect to Chad by thanking him for all he does in his work. Owning our own business and starting a new one keeps him pretty busy and he is always being pulled in a thousand directions. I also know he is working hard to make some of our dreams and my desires possible. I want him to continually know I understand and am so grateful for all he does.
Don't think that I or we have this marriage stuff figured out! We are still learning, but the journey to where we are has been wonderful and I know it will continue this way as we commit to putting God first in our marriage and following him.

Do you need some encouragement for your marriage? Here is a link to Courtney's posts on marriage.


 photo signature_zpsc7ecee62.png

No comments: